Individual Artist Fellowships Guidelines
At the time of application, the applicant must be:
- At least 25 years of age;
- A resident of Arkansas for at least one year;
- A legal citizen of the United States or prove eligibility for full-time permanent employment.
The applicant must not be:
- A previous recipient of an Arkansas Arts Council Individual Artist Fellowship award;
- A current Arkansas Arts Council advisory board member, Department of Arkansas Heritage staff or an immediate family member.
Work submitted for review must be original and created within the last five years. If the creation of work involves collaboration, the applicant must be the primary creator and identify his or her role and the amount and type of participation contributed in creating the work. An applicant may submit only one Individual Artist Fellowship application each year. Applications are judged on the quality of the artist’s work and materials submitted for review. In all categories, it is best to submit documentation materials that show a concentration rather than a range of work.